My own conflicts (25 mins)In this activity you will reflect on your own daily conflicts that come up. You can do this activity in Microsoft word, Open word or on paper.
Think of all the conflicts you have been involved in, in the last few weeks.
Make a table with three columns and about 5 or 6 rows. In the top row, put into the columns: 'Conflict with' 'About' and 'Status'.
Now fill into the columns the conflicts you have been having and who you have had them with, as in this example.
There are 5 ways conflicts go:
- Tthose which you have not solved yet.
- Those which you have tried to ignore.
- Those in which you have just let the other person / people have their own way so that you could keep the peace.
- Those which have turned violent.
- Those which you have resolved nonviolently.
Choose one of these conflicts, one that you would like to be able to resolve peacefully and in a way that keeps or builds a good relationship between you and the other person. And plan to do it!